Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 3: Bedtime Grumblings

I wish I were referring to an overtired toddler fighting sleep but no I am referring to my stomach!

Bedtime is a process in our house...no different than other homes. There is the usual cranky chorus of "NO's" to tubby, teeth brushing, jammies but the hardest part is that my son requires you to lay down next time until he falls asleep. I wish he was one of those kids who could go to bed and fall asleep. He does take a decent nap once a day so I'll take what I can and I do love the snuggle time.  It's right at my witching hour when my stomach starts to growl and want that after dinner snack.

Last night when it happened I just waited till I had to pee walked to the bathroom brushed my teeth and went to bed instead of going downstairs to face the fridge. Tonight I decided to face my fear. I made a cup of detox tea which I sipped slowly. It's gone now. I'm watching my favorite Sunday shows that I recorded and am writing this post. I need to make a list of things I can do after 7pm instead of eat.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome point - "make a list of things I can do after 7pm". Love that, may ask that question on another FB page I'm on. Will let you know if ther e are any responses. Thanks! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea Kathy. On Monday I actually went to Lush and bought a fancy face mask. I wanted to go to Barnes and Noble but the Starbucks was too tempting. The mask is for one of those after 7pm moments.

    ReplyDelete