Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 1: Exercise for the day = 20+ trips to the bathroom

I would call day 1 a success. I kept to my meal plan that included 2 shakes, 2 egg whites with a tomato, an apple, small bag of snap peas, 6 almonds, 2 cups of detox tea, and a dinner of Moroccan eggplant over brown rice. On top of that I must have drank at least 64+ ounces of water. All of this equalled 4 trips an hour to the bathroom! I'm contemplating putting one of my son's potty training pads on my bed because the thought of no sleep from being in the bathroom all night or wetting the bed is way too disturbing to imagine.

I found the plan easy to follow however I had this looming sense of skepticism hovering over me all day. Can I do this? Can I stick to this? I really want to say with whole hearted confidence, "YES! I am going to do this!!" I cannot muster that much optimism. I made it through today. I can go to sleep tonight and breathe a sigh of relief that I did it...today and I will do my best to do it tomorrow.

I am going on a day trip tomorrow with my son. I plan on being prepared. I will pack cut vegetables, low glycemic fruit, lots of water and my lunch shake. I will eat a filling breakfast. I will put my husband on dinner duty because we'll be home late. I will enjoy playing with my son on the beach and collect shells. I think the thing I'm most worried about is the lack of bathroom facilities on the beach we will be on. I'm not above peeing in the ocean if necessary...yeah that's right I said it but I will be in Maine and that water is COLD! I guess I will be taking a lot of looong walks back to my friend's house to use the bathroom. I never thought I'd get this much exercise on a detox without actually exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment